Front of the House Manager - Naples, Florida, United States
- Job Type:Full Time
- Category:Banquet Manager,Dining Room Manager,Front of House Manager
- Job Location: Naples, Florida, United States
Front of the House Manager
The role of the Front of the House Manager is to supervise and co-ordinate the entire front of the house team. They ensure the customer receives a warm welcome and that service runs smoothly. Front of the House Managers oversee the interview, hiring and scheduling processes for positions such as front of the house cashiers, runners, bussers, and Expediters (expos). Additionally, the Front of the House Manager supervises the cleanliness and upkeep of the dining room.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sets a positive example for customers and empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Ensures associates understand expectations.
- Enhances and strengthen customer relationships, established and new.
- Primary responsibility is to focus on quality customer service pertaining to the dining experience.
- Resolves complaints from customers in a polite and friendly manner. Always making sure to follow up with them when necessary.
- Oversees the interview, hiring and scheduling processes for positions such as front of the house cashiers, runners, bussers, and Expediters (expos).
- Responsible for writing and delivering annual reviews to associates.
- Supervises the cleanliness and upkeep of the dining room and maintenance.
- Responsible for the set up and restocking of the condiments, supplies and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Develops strong communication and departmental procedures to guide service implementation making improvements or changes where required.
- Implements safe working practices to ensure safety of associates and customers.
- Understand and follow food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring customers have a positive dining experience.
- Needs to be able to delegate tasks and think on their feet as they address the needs of staff and customers.
- Have excellent personal skills and be highly organized.
- Be present on dining room floors and kitchen to monitors the quality of lunch and dinner service.
- Focuses on continuous improvement.
- Oversees the organization and efficiency pertaining to the dining room floors.
- Helps with the duties of other associates to include food runners and bussers when necessary due to the high volume.
- Sets a positive example for customers.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Ensures associates understand expectations.
- Focuses on continuous improvement.
- Fosters a positive climate for working relationships and teams committed to achieving goals and initiatives.
- Treats people fairly, with dignity and respect.
- Works to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
- Demonstrates business ethics and personal integrity, i.e., is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
- Listens and responds to others.
- Maintaining a good associate morale within the entire department.
Managing Work Execution
- Proactively ensures that others have the accountability, and resources necessary to both manage work execution and drive for results.
- Approaches work with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- Allocates time and resources effectively when faced with competing demands.
- Overcomes obstacles to accomplish challenging objectives.
- Relationship building and approachability
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Problem Solving
- Organization, planning and time management
- Excellent Communication
- Organizational skills
- Listening Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Teamwork Oriented
- Good Energy Level
- Ability to stand on your feet and climb up and down the stairs for several hours.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work cohesively with entire staff as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in English
- Demonstrated experience working as a hands-on manager
- Skilled in leadership
- Knowledgeable about customer service
- Ability to wear many hats at once
- Ability to negotiate your employees and your customers with equal grace
NOTE: ASSOCIATES MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO OPERATE BALERS, HI-LOs, POWER JACKS AND SLICING MACHINES.
Oakes Farms Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has been, and will continue to be, our company policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees without regard race, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service. In addition, we will provide equal employment opportunities to any individual who has or is perceived to have acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV); or has the sickle-cell trait.